News Blog | About |Links|Contact Us

 

London First Principals Chapter No. 2712 History.

The Chapter History is in the process of being rebuilt but a temporay scan is available here as a pdf download. Click on the image or see below. Please send any updates, photographs etc to Mike Wilson at mike@orbuk.org


LONDON FIRST PRINCIPALS CHAPTER NO, 2712 - THE FIRST 50 YEARS 1957-2007 :
A meeting (the first for which notes exist) to discuss the formation of the Chapter was held at 19/21 Great Queen Street, London (an RMBI office used by Reginald Cross) on 9th May 1957. There were eleven Companions present, including Reginald Cross OSM PAGSoj, the First Principal designate, who presided. There were three apologies for non-attendance.

The first 50 yearsThe Committee were advised that accomodation had been reserved at Freemasons' Hall and the Connaught Rooms for the Chapter to meet on the last weekday (Saturdays excepted) of January, May and September (as it does to the present day).

A letter from Sir Sydney White KCVO, Grand Scribe E, was read, fixing Tuesday 28th May 1957 at 11.30am as a suitable occasion to meet him to arrange a date for the Consecration. The month for the Installation meeting would be decided once this date was known. Pending this, a first full meeting of petitioners to discuss the arrangements was set for 30th May.

Various administrative and financial matters were then discussed, including banking arrangements, a locker, and a decision to include the dining fee for guests at the Consecration (2 guineas) in the founders fee. It was also agreed that the first officers would present their collars and jewels of office to the Chapter, suitably inscribed. It was further resolved that a sum not exceeding £50 be taken from Chapter funds to purchase suitable gifts to present to the Consecrating Officer and his team.

Special invitations would be extended to G S Shepherd Jones PAGSoj, Life President of the Aldersgate Chapter of Improvement, and to all First Principals and Scribes E of like Chapters in the Home Counties (numbering 6).

Finally the meeting resolved to leave all further arrangements in the hands of the three Principals designate, the Scribe E and the Treasurer.

The suggested design for the Chapters crest was submitted for approval on 28th May 1957. The approved crest was affixed to the summons of the Consecration meeting and has appeared on every summons since..................

The full 'First Fifty Years' history pdf can be downloaded here .

(This is a temporary scan whilst the history is being rebuilt)

(NB: For optimum performance this download requires Adobe Reader - click on the 'Get Adobe Reader' Icon. When the Adobe Reader page appears, uncheck the 'optional feature' and click 'Install now')
Get Adobe Reader

More details will be added soon.


FAMILY TREE

E.Comp. John Amos PGStdB developed the 'Lodge Family Tree Charts' website including details of attached Chapters. The Chart relating to Jubillee Masters Lodge No. 2712 and London First Principals Chapter No. 2712 can be downloaded here

Back to the top